Pr0gramming 1o1

Gregory A. Parmer gparmer at acesag.auburn.edu
Tue Aug 25 14:30:59 GMT 1998

Hey teach, can I give it a shot?

On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Jason Weir wrote:
> Ok,0x2a0 is RPM open loop off, why change my current value of 28 to 05
> what's the conversion factor I don't think I need to lower the rpm at
> which it goes open loop, I would think you would go to ff, theoretically
> you never want closed loop off?

The RPM factor is prolly the same ole 12.5 (or maybe the less common 25).
0x28 sends you closed loop above 480rpm (960 if you're uncommon). So you
should be closed loop at idle. 0x05 just makes that value ridiculously low
ensuring a closed loop idle.

> 0x2a1 is RPM open loop on, good, current value of 00 expected, I suppose
> that means that it tries to go open loop as soon as the O2 sensor it hot
> and TPS is right no matter what the RPM is

When you dump the clutch and stall out completely the rpm drops to
0 and you're back in open loop, ignoring O2. (might as well ignore
it...you're stuck at the green light and the Yugo in the next
lane is pulling away fast...oh, and no need to adjust for emissions
either since you're only producing tears).   :)

> > But, how do you shut off that darn EGR when doing initial
> > calibrations.
> > Well, that is a chore, but setting $1BF to 00, $1B8 to FD, and $1B9 to
> > FF
> > will do very nicely thank you very much.
>
> So are you saying that turning off the EGR flag isn't good enough, what
> exactly are these addresses? 0x1bf, 0x1b8 and 0x1b9.  RPM EGR enable,

The flag is just a malfunction flag. He's turning off all EGR
operation here. The addresses are apparently "an exercise left to the
reader". :)

Howdaya get your paper graded around here?
-greg       looking for a flame retardant CSH