GM ECM injector driver capacity

Gregory A. Parmer gparmer at acesag.auburn.edu
Tue Aug 25 13:55:44 GMT 1998

> > >Does anyone know what the injector driver capacity is on GM ECM's?
>
> I assume that you have disassembled an ECM. What chip is used and
>what are it's
> specifications?   I'm always a little "out of the box."  TIA Tom

Dunno what it crossreferences to, but the transistor that does
the driving on my '7747 is labelled "M927". It (with the help
of some other components like a LM1949, etc) was designed
to drive a low impedance (1.5ohm?) peak-n-hold TBI injector.
If your ECM uses the same transistor I'd *expect* you to be
in good shape. 8 high impedance injectors in parallel would
be about 2 ohms, no?

Only the bench knows for sure.

BTW--the voltage pike caused by the collapse of the injector
current/field is handled by a 50v zener diode. As best as I
can tell the '7747 driver circuit is implemented EXACTLY as in
the LM1949 spec sheet...LM1949, resistor, zener, and a transistor.

-greg
http://www.acesag.auburn.edu/~gparmer/efi