GM ECM injector driver capacity

Walter Petermann corsaro at brokersys.com
Tue Aug 25 18:31:42 GMT 1998

> >OK, I have one injector, and it is perfectly designed, and does the
> >following
> >
> >14.2 ohms
> >runs on 14.2 v
> >draws 1 A
> >
> >when turned off generates
> >300v
> >.001A
> >.001msec.
> >
> >When I hook up 9 more, wouldn't I expect to see, at turn off
> >300v
> >.01A
> >.001msec
> >
> >Why would more produce more voltage rather than current,
> >or anything more than more current?.
> >TIA
> >Bruce

Bruce,
the current in an inductor cannot change instantaneously. When your
injector is turned off, the current will still be 1 amp and will
decay exponentially, fast if going through a diode, slower if through
a resistor. Haven't read previous posts so I don't know where your
.001A figure comes from.
I agree that injectors in parallel would just produce more current.

  Walter