questions 101

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Aug 25 20:30:53 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Weir <jweir at worldnet.att.net>
To: DIY_EFI <DIY_EFI at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Tuesday, August 25, 1998 2:01 PM
Subject: questions 101

>So the ECM wants 6 MPH before going closed loop, must be a switch to
>ignore VSS at idle and go closed anyway if the other factors are met.
>What about those not running VSS, I am not and I still go closed loop at
>idle and cruise.  What is 0x29e for?

This discussion on 101 is about the 747 in it's oem configuration.
If you leave stuff off, that's beyond my intent.  This is about how
it is designed to work.  Hell, ya can put the prom out and it will
run, so what does that matter?.

How about try disconnecting your P/N switch and see if it does?
Or will it from a cold start go closed loop after, just sitting still?.

Do you need to blip the throttle, for this closed loop?.

>So am I to assume that off of idle the ecm looks for 8.6 % tps to go
>closed loop?

Easy enough to verify, put the ol scanner on it, and see.

>Ok to sum things up the ECM wants 6 MPH and at least 8.6 % TPS to go
>closed loop once its off idle, hmmmm something doesn't sound right

Well ya won't know til ya get a vss on it.  All you'll be looking at is some
default values.

.  I