fuel temperature and regulator

Terry thartman at gte.net
Tue Aug 25 20:56:47 GMT 1998

Mike Morrin wrote:

> At 06:55 AM 8/25/98 -0500, Robert Gallant wrote:
> >I'm running an Autometer high pressure isolator and find that when the
> >gauge is indicating a fuel pressure problem, the isolator needs bleeding
> >(happens approx once per year)
>
> What is a high pressure isolator?

It allows a fuel pressure gauge to be mounted inside the vehicle.
It is usually mounted in the engine compartment to the fuel
rail, then a line containing anti-freeze is run inside the
interior to the gauge.  This way - no flamable liquids enter
the vehicle...

Kind of a pain to bleed though.  They now have a new electric
fuel pressure gauge & sender out but it's pricey....

hope this helps,

T.