GM ECM injector driver capacity

Walter Petermann corsaro at brokersys.com
Tue Aug 25 21:19:31 GMT 1998

Matt Smith wrote:

> I kinda jump in the middle here with out all of the information:
> If the injectors in parallel, the inductance will go down.  This should also
> provide less back emf...right?

  Yes! Forgot all about that :).
  Lets try again:
    the inductance and resistance are devided by the #n of
    injectors in parallel. However, since the equivalent
    injector resistance has gone down, the current through
    the circuit is going to be higher (original current *
    #n of injectors in parallel).
    Now turn injectors off and short them with a diode. The increased
    current (I*n) flows through the equivalent injector resistance (R/n),
    then (I*n) * (R/n) = IR which is the same as the voltage spike
    from a single injector.

    Walter