GM ECM injector driver capacity

Ken Kelly kenkelly at lucent.com
Wed Aug 26 00:28:20 GMT 1998

Brock,

	I think the injectors may rely on the fuel flow for cooling. It would probably
not hurt to run a short test dry, but I would worry about a long test with dry
injectors. you may be able to just put the injectors in a non-flamable, low
conduction liquid to allow longer tests. If you know which device is the driver
in the ECM, it would be a good idea to monitor it's temperature rise with 8
injectors, and then with 16. If the driver can handle 16 at reasonable
temperatures, you could mount a larger heat sink or small fan on it to get
through the higher ambient temperatures found in the car.

		Ken