GM ECM injector driver capacity

Ken Kelly kenkelly at lucent.com
Wed Aug 26 00:45:27 GMT 1998

Bruce,
	I just did the smart thing and read forward through the entire thread before
mouthing off again. I think the information you requested is in the other
answers. Basically each injector will try to keep its current flowing. The ECM
has to sink this current. Since we are making no change to the ECM you can
assume that its ability to absorb the energy doesn't change, so in simple terms
the Voltage level of the spike will increase, and it duration will expand as you
add injectors.

	The idea of putting injectors in series will reduce the load on the ECM,
however you have to make sure that the injector will work in this mode. Since
you only have 12 volts to pulse the injectors, if you put two in series each
will only see 6 volts. Don't know if they will respond quick enough at that
level. On a cold morning when you are cranking you can easily drop down to 9
volts accross the battery. This would be less than 4.5 volts on each injector.

		Ken

		Ken