Injector Sizing: REALLY dumb question

Mike Turner MikeTurner at kemet.com
Wed Aug 26 19:20:27 GMT 1998

>>TBI's have about three days time to think about vaporizing enough
>>to burn (since the fuel has the extra length of the runners to think
about
>>vaporizing).

Is this is a problem at idle or off-idle? If so, then why not at mid and
WOT, too? I don't want to revisit the debate of where fuel vaporizes
(cylinder, valve, runner, any combination of the above), but all of that
discussion would indicate low throttle settings should have good fuel
vaporization. (The whine of servos as my CSH raises for furious head
scratching, unintentionally exposing....Did Darth Vader start out with a
CSH? Exactly what ARE the long term effects of wearing a CSH?)

>>Also, they (TBI) fire each injector once every ignition pulse (so one
with
>>two injectors they alternate).  While on a TPI they fire once every
>>fourth cylinder firing.

And this problem could be solved with tighter or finer control over
injector open times?