Injector Sizing: REALLY dumb question

Zack zubenubi at inetport.com
Wed Aug 26 20:06:22 GMT 1998

OK, another really dumb injector question.  Granted that when the
injector on time gets short, total fuel delivered in the pulse will
become more variable as the natural variability of open/close time
has more and more effect.
	My question is, independent of these considerations, what is the
effect of duty cycle?  If during light cruising, the injector is only
delivering fuel during, let's say, 20% of the intake valve's opening
time, you have this packet of incredibly rich A/F mixture rushing
into the cylinder followed by a big gulp of air that has basically no
fuel in it at all.  Is mixing inside the cylinder turbulent enough to
ensure an even distribution by the time of ignition or is the charge
still stratified?