O2 Sensor Bias

Kurek, Larry LKurek at ocfexch2.ocf.anl.gov
Thu Aug 27 19:07:49 GMT 1998

	>>>How lean do you want to run? Detonation could be a real
problem
	>>>depending on the engine.
	>>
	>>  A little more than I am now. For instance, at WOT, I'm
getting
	>> readings in the 900-920mv range. I'd like to get this down
more in the
	>> 850mv ballpark. Detonation won't be a problem, since I have
an LT1 with
	>> a knock sensor. That's another story...however.
	>
	>  Excuse the jumping in the middle of the thread again...
	>  If the reading is 900mv at WOT then the ecm is either not
	>  looking at the O2 or is already maxed out lean and can't lean
	>  any more. Adding 50 or 100mv to the O2 reading won't help.

	No problemo!

	Actually, the way the PCM in the LT1 works (and most GM's for
that matter), is that it goes open loop at WOT (actually, I think it is
40-50% throttle opening, but I could be wrong on the exact number).
However, what it uses for fuel trim is the 18th block in the BLM, which
is established as the max block prior to WOT operation. If I can force
the ECM to trim the fuel leaner accross the board, then at WOT the fuel
should be trimmed as well.

	TTYL!

	Larry