7747 schematic

Joe Boucher BoucherJC at lmtas.lmco.com
Thu Aug 27 19:13:26 GMT 1998

When looking for a candidate to use for retrofitting efi to my Camaro, I didn't
care whose I used, just was it easy  to do, plentiful, and cheap.   Nothing is
easy, but both GM and Ford's are plentiful and cheap.  So, I hung out on the Ford
efi and the DIY_EFI lists.

Here's what I absorbed from the Ford list. I don't know if it's right or wrong.
The Ford ecm and code is proprietary, but the board is layed out in one plane.
Easy to map.  The GM ecm and code is commercial stuff, but the board is layered
and therefore difficult to map.

Since I'm barely able to follow the GM stuff, the Ford guys weren't making much
progress, and I wasn't any help, I dropped the Ford list

Joe (The Coward) Boucher
'70 RS/SS Camaro  '81 TBI Suburban