Injector Sizing: REALLY dumb question

Gary Derian gderian at cybergate.net
Thu Aug 27 20:28:32 GMT 1998

Think about the conditions at light throttle cruise.  The exhaust is at
atmospheric pressure plus a little backpressure.  The intake system is under
a vacuum.  At the end of the exhaust stroke the exhaust valve is still open
a little, then the intake valve begins to open.  Residual exhaust gas in the
chamber at slightly above atmosphere, vacuum in the port, where else will
the residual gasses go?.

Gary Derian <gderian at cybergate.net>