O2 Sensor Bias, fuel pressure changes

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Fri Aug 28 00:34:00 GMT 1998

Greg,
The problem is; manipulating fuel pressure, to get your WOT O2 readings
up or down, also impacts "closed loop" behavior.   On my GMC turbo 4.3,
my best dragstrip performance occured with 47 PSI of base pressure.  Stock is
10 psi less than that.  The best runs had O2 readings in the mid 900's.  A
long day at the track, with raised fuel pressure, caused the truck to stall as
I would start it to move forward in the lanes.  Pulling the ECM fuse between
runs made it "forget" the compensations it had learned (BLM), which helped
drivability, and reduced stalling..  For good reading on BLM, check out
"tuning secrets" page at
      http://members.aol.com/efiperform/calibrat.htm
I believe the bulk of it was authored by a Buick engineer.
HTH,

Mike V.
back to scouring the 101 archives....
my brain isn't very absorbent..