More 101 stuff

Jason Weir jweir at worldnet.att.net
Fri Aug 28 19:58:25 GMT 1998

I just made what I think is a big discovery, but you know what they say
about one man's treasure or something like that,

Ok, I was checking out the following bins

AJUK
ABUL
ACSW
AKAL
ASDU
A 4.3 V6 chip that I got from Howell EFI
A 4.3 V6 chip that I got from Bruce

As we all know on the prom data is from 0x000 through 0x616 and code is
from 0x617 through 0xfff,   I checked the above files with Hex Workshop,
with it you are able to compare files byte, by byte so I started
checking the code (from 0x617 on) from the above files, I found them all
to be exactly the same.  So that means that the code is not different
from a V6 to a V8 so Bruce was correct that the cylinder select is in
the data somewhere... Maybe if we find it, a 7747 could be installed on
a 4 cylinder someday???

Did everybody already know this an I am just finding out? Boy would that
make me feel dumb.. ;)  later, Jason

oh yeah you can find Hex Workshop at  http://www.bpsoft.com
--
Jason Weir