Wide range lambda sensor

Chad Clendening, clendenc at execpc.com
Sun Aug 30 17:21:25 GMT 1998

I have placed the EGOR information compilation on my web account.  It is at
www.execpc/~clendenc\egor  and you have the choice of text or Word 97 documents.

The specific sensor Honda uses is the 5 wire NTK one.  This should have 7 wires
on the car end of the connector - a 8 pin connector.  2 wires go to an
calibraiton resistor housed in the connector on the O2 sensor.  That leaves 5
wires going to the actual sensor.
I feel there are enough operating specs and limits in the information to keep
from smoking the sensor but anything which can be observed with a real
NTK/Horiba may help greatly.

The SAE paper needed is number 920234 and was published in 1992.  If no one has
it or access to it I may break for the ten bucks and get it.  This sounds like a
good investment before I smoke a $130 sensor.

Is there anyone here with connections ( Honda or otherwise) to get a decent
price on these sensors?

Finally, for now, Does anyone here have a device with patent numbers which could
give information on how the device works?

Chad