ox sensor on sequential efi,high overlap cam.... a bit lo ng

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Tue Dec 1 19:02:05 GMT 1998

>> >detect surges and power drop offs) every 5-6 degrees like the EFI332 project
>> >does would be necessary.  But it would also have to look at O2, EGT and MAP
>> >or MAF (to detect regurge backing up in the intake) and the system would
>> >have to have a separate algorithm to handle this (out of map) situation.
>> >Even at that, to get any kind of consistency would probably require multiple
>> >O2 sensors (EGT isn't going to be very useful as most of the fuel isn't
>> >getting burned in this situation!) and an averaging algorithm to come up
>> >with an "average" A/F and compare this to A/F at specific points in the
>> >exhaust header (to detect rich slugs in the exhaust).  This information
>> >could then be used to measure the amount of correction necessary in the next
>> >event and when the correction needed to be made prior to the next event.
>> >
>> Which brings me to the point of saying: MAYBE we should take a hard look at
>> adding a whole lot more I/O capability to the 332 project--for starters 8
>> Thermocouple inputs for EGT--
>
>more like 12
>lots of V10s coming out there already
>12s not far behind

Oh GOODY!!! :-)

OK--I was just trying to get the idea planted. Was a little shy about
talking about the TC inputs, staged injectors, H2O injectors, Air booster
injectors, and inputs for fuel pressure, fuel temp, wide band O2(s) as well
as some outputs for pwm solenoid control valves and fuel pump voltage all
at once. (and times twelve for all the varieties of injectors too!!) (on
top of my recent bitchin' about needing teensy injector pw increments!!)
Wuz only tryin' to let everybody get over their tummy sprains from last
Thursday!!

But, at least we do  have plenty of processor ready to go!!!

Regards, Greg