VSS problems

Tedscj at aol.com Tedscj at aol.com
Wed Dec 2 00:09:02 GMT 1998

In a message dated 12/1/98 6:47:56 PM Eastern Standard Time, nacelp at bright.net
writes:

<< What is the donor car/tranny
 What is the recipent car/tranny.
 Can you burn your own e-proms?.

 Some 730's use a 4,000ppm A/C signal, and some use a 2,000 ppm D/C.
 Bruce

The EFI system is from and '89 Chevy Corsair with 2.8l V6 "w" code engine with
a manual transmission.  Thats with DIS, Speed Density and a 7730 computer.
Memcal ATZD.

It is now on a 258 c.i. straight six with a 700r4TH transmission.  The engine
is Jaguar and the tranny from an '88 Chevy Astro van.

The manual for the original "w" engine from which the computer and memcal came
states that the VSS should be "4000 ppm"  I am assuming thats "pulse per
mile".  The ECM also has "VSS high" and "VSS low" inputs.  I assume this means
requires an A/C signal.
That is the VSS that I have got, yet the scan tool reads actual speed/6.

I don't have an EPROM burner, but I am thinking of getting one.

Ted