EEPROM Q

Tom Parker tparker at nznet.gen.nz
Thu Dec 3 01:49:21 GMT 1998

Fredrik Skog <c95fsg at cs.umu.se> wrote:

>I'm wondering about a eeprom chip referenced to as a 2817A. Where can I
>get such a chip and what manufacturers make them. I have searched the web
>and found nothing useable. My ordinary electronics supplier here in Sweden
>don't seem to have it in stock.

You can use any 8bit wide eeprom. If you can't find a 2k*8bit, then you can
use a bigger or smaller one (so long as what your storing in it will fit).

If you go to somewhere like www.partminer.com, you can get a program that will
do a search of a dozen or so suppliers and one of them is bound to have one.

I have a datasheet for a XICOR eeprom X28C64. This is a 8K*8bit eeprom and is
pin compatible with the 2K part, it just uses a larger chunk of the address
space (if you connect the higher address lines).

Go to http://www.ideal.net.au/chipdir/ for a pritty good directory of parts
and suppliers. Then go to a supplier's page and get the datasheet.

Tom Parker - tparker at nznet.gen.nz
           - http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/8381/