IC Identify from DENSO EFI controller.. help?

Mike P. trinity at golden.net
Thu Dec 3 03:36:26 GMT 1998

>Hi Folks,
>	 I opened up my SD EFI box from a GTS1000 YAMAHA (detuned 1000cc
>motorcycle engine) with 10,500 rpm redline. I've Identify a few of the
>big chips, the small ones are standard HC logic. Here is what I have so
>far.
>
>Hitachi HD63B40P  28DIP  6800 programmable timer
>         but no second source or data sheet available from IC master or Hitachi
>
>Hitachi	HD63B21P  40DIP  6800 PIA
>         but no second source or data sheet available from IC master or Hitachi

Very interesting. My 1994 Ford Probe GT (with Mazda's 2.5L and a
Nippon-built PCM) also uses these two devices. The 6340 is used primarily to
drive 3 of the injectors (with the other 3 being driven using output
compares from the processor itself) while the 6321 is used as a general I/O
device used to read several input discretes and to control several solenoids
as well.

>ND      MG2530    40DIP   ?
>
>ND      MG614     16-20 DIP   I didn't write it down, thought I had the
>				memory chip covered with the 28 pin part.
>
>The Nippon Denso chips didn't appear in the IC Master and Hitachi was
little help.
>Looks like I'll need some old data books, from around 91
>
>This unit was put into service in 93. The outside of the box has this on it,
>for what its worth

Wish I could help you with these Jerry. I've got a bunch of ND parts on my
PCM boards too (like MP611, 151811-0890, SE134, SE077, SE074, 151821-0020,
SE123 etc) that I've surmised the function of but have no data sheets on. If
you are lucky enough to find a source of datasheets for ND-labelled chips,
please let me know where you found it.

---
Mike
94PGT