Alcohol - EFI

Sietze Schukking sietze at casema.net
Fri Dec 4 13:53:50 GMT 1998

What about using alcohol only additional under boost conditions when runing 8 : 1
compression and
appr. 15 psi max. boost. So use it instead of for example water injection and
theirby also as additional
fuel.
Or differently stated: convert a stock non turbo charged engine (a rover V8 for
example) fit a turbo and
use the alcohol as chargecooler and to supply the additional fuel the stock petrol
system cannot deliver.
For street use you only run under boost a small proportion of time, so by not
modifying compression ratio's
you maintain a nice engine behaviour when not under boost.

On a related note: somebody told me that water and alcohol injection causes
increased engine wear due
to corrosion. Is this correct?

Sietze