GM HEI computer control

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Mon Dec 7 02:12:31 GMT 1998

On Sun, 6 Dec 1998 11:49:06 -0500 "Curtis Mittong" <poohbear at twd.net>
writes:

>I upgraded my 66 Bonny to HEI a few years back.  It's non-comp
controlled,
>like from a 77 or so.  Is the only difference between this and a comp
>control the ignition module?  Is the vacuum advance different, or is it
>mechanical advance only?  I need to know when I go to EFI.
>
>Thanks,
>Curtis

The computer controlled system has no vacuum or mechanical advance.
Spark advance is handled by the computer.  To hook it up to a computer,
you will need a seven-pin module and the appropriate connecter.  Also,
you will need to remove and plug the hose from the vacuum advance, and
figure out a way to tie down the mechanical advance.

Ray