CDI powerfull multi-spark

JRECPA at aol.com JRECPA at aol.com
Thu Dec 10 23:35:21 GMT 1998

In a message dated 12/10/98 1:26:33 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
mikefarr at hotmail.com writes:

<< Hello all,
 I have put a CDI which gives a fairly powerful multi-spark on a 2 litre
 Ford pinto engine.  This engine is tuned to go up to 8500 RPM.
 However after some runs the engine broke.  When we opend the engine up
 we found that on piston was melted.  A friend of mine told me that a
 powerfull spark may be the cause.  Has anyone encountered such a
 situation and how can it be rectified.
 Thanks in advance
 Michael