CDI powerfull multi-spark

Ronald T. Webb rwebb at ptialaska.net
Thu Dec 10 23:03:54 GMT 1998

In the archives, there is a project to "reverse engineer" a MSI ignition
box. As I remember, each spark had about 130 MILLIJOULES. A Joule is a
watt*second. so each spark contains the energy equivilant of about 1/10
watt for 1 second...you ain't gonna melt much with that!

Not the first time an "old wives (or mechanics) tale" didn't hold water!