CDI powerfull multi-spark

AL8001 at aol.com AL8001 at aol.com
Fri Dec 11 00:44:12 GMT 1998

In a message dated 98-12-10 18:49:07 EST, JRECPA at aol.com writes:

>If you really think that this CDI unit is to blame then I would check the
>inside
>of the distributor cap to see if there was any cross talk between cylinders
>or any cross talk between spark plug wires. Had a problem that bent a rod
>because a cylinder was getting fired 90 degrees before it should have.
>
>James

Yep this could happen.  I have a piston from a 82 Buick 3.0 V6 that burnt
through when failing spark plug wires arced across one another.

Other possible problems:

A oil control problem or a weeping head gasket.  The addition of liquid will
raise the compression ratio.

Poor mixture distribution, even though all the plugs looked lean and only one
piston burnt.  The burnt cyl may have the worst intake flow.

A restricted cooling passage in the head would cause localized high temps
inturn causeing spark knock.

Harold