350 to 406 TBI

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Fri Dec 11 04:31:48 GMT 1998

David Sagers wrote:

> I am changing the 350 SBC in my '92 Suburban to a 406 SBC.
>
> I can adjust the TBI fuel pressure and/or change the TBI injectors.  Anyone have advice on how much to change the fuel pressure, how much bigger to go on the injectors, and where to get the parts?

Rule of thumb (I'm all thumbs) 406/350 = 1.16 or a 16% increase. You probably have 24s and need 28s. You could also bump the regulator from 45 to 52 lbs. I have 28 LB in my 350 to 406 but they are too
small for over 450 HP which is relatively easy for a good set of heads and 10.5 CR. I am going to 36-38 but I'm part crazy.

Regards  Tom