Intake runner lengths

Stuart Bunning stuart at kenelec.com.au
Sun Dec 13 22:28:53 GMT 1998

I am modifing a OEM multipoint inlet manifold that has dual runner lengths
there is a butterfly
arrangment inside the manifold that alters the runner lengths at a desired
engine speed.

What I am wanting to know ( while we are talking runner lengths) is what
sort of FUEL and ignition MAP modifications should I be doing for this type
of modification. Assuming that I will be having ( hopefully ) a much flatter
torgue curle over the entire RPM Range. For those in Australia interesting I
am using a ford EF/EL 6 cylinder manifold that is modified to fit a 265 HEMI
tripple weber manifold. I hope its worth the effort We will see. Anyone
outthere done a simular mod ??

Best Regards,

STUART BUNNING
SALES ENGINEER