FW: Flow rates for nozzles

Barry E. King beking at home.com
Sun Dec 13 23:16:38 GMT 1998

I was about to install a water/alcohol injection system in a turbo charged
application but it occurred to me that those old fuel injectors I have
sitting around might be up to the task of spraying water/alcohol.  I like
the idea of a progressive controller but don't want to shell out the huge
dollars for such kits (as nice as they are) and would welcome the project of
brewing my own solution.

So, I need to know how to calculate flow for currently available
conventional nozzles OR know what guidelines I should use to determine the
amount of water/alcohol to inject so that I can determine what size injector
to use and also to be able to program a simple controller.

I suppose another question would be, is there any reason why a fuel injector
would not work well injecting only water/alcohol?

Thanks.

Barry