Hybrid Ecu's

Bernard nicdoerk at minet.gov.mb.ca
Mon Dec 14 00:26:52 GMT 1998

I'm planning to change the ecu in my Datsun 280zx turbo from the factory
Bosch system to a GM (Buick) sfi system.  I have a few questions on
exactly what I can reprogram.  Can the ignition firing order be changed
to match mine?  Can the injector firing order be matched to mine or
should I cross wire the the injectors to change the order?  Where can I
find eprom readers and emulators?  Do dealerships have this type of
equipment?  Can I use my existing Crank Angle Sensor?  Can I program
ignition retard into the system?  I'd like to have a distributorless
ignition, sequential fuel injection speed density system.  I've found a
website that seems to have what I want but haven't found anyone that
knows enough about this type of project to help me.  Are any books or
web sites available that deal specifically with this type of project?
I've only recently become interested in this type of project so I'm not
very knowledgeable in this area so any help would be greatly
appreciated.
link to ecu programmer            http://www.axa.it/ame/index.html