Intake runner lengths

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon Dec 14 02:40:13 GMT 1998

There is only one system I know of using the 2nd Butterfly/runners,
and in that system them turn on a second set of injectors, the
secondary injectors run at the same duty cycle as the primary.
BTW, on that system the sec buttterfly was operated by a vac.
diapharm.  While seemingly crude it was what the ZR-1 vettes
used
Bruce

>I am modifing a OEM multipoint inlet manifold that has dual runner lengths
>there is a butterfly
>arrangment inside the manifold that alters the runner lengths at a desired
>engine speed.
>
>What I am wanting to know ( while we are talking runner lengths) is what
>sort of FUEL and ignition MAP modifications should I be doing for this type
>of modification. Assuming that I will be having ( hopefully ) a much
flatter
>torgue curle over the entire RPM Range. For those in Australia interesting
>am using a ford EF/EL 6 cylinder manifold that is modified to fit a 265
HEMI