FWD: ECU identification

Jason Weir Jweir at worldnet.att.net
Mon Dec 14 17:55:36 GMT 1998

not sure if anyone can help this guy but I sure cant.... reply to him
directly...

"Sergey Stopov" <efi335 at mail.ru> wrote:
 ECU identification

Hello !

Sorry for long writing but it&rsquo;s very important for me.

I have the &ldquo;GM 16162409 BFWR 220 10/06/97 ISFI-2S&rdquo; ECM.

This &ldquo;&hellip;&rdquo; title is placed on top of unit. Bar code:
862409S571610627

Its aluminium cased unit that has two connectors: one is blue with 32
pins and second

one is pink with two section 24 and 32 pins.

This GM unit from Russian vehicle VAZ 21093i 1,5L 4 cylinders. EFI has:

MAF, IAC, O2-sensor, 60-2 pinwheel synchronisation, external monolith

spark transformation module whit Darlington transistors, no-distributor.

I plan use it on my project car and need reprogram them.

EPROM is coverd by blue plastic 28-pins case US. PAT 4.784.614 T&B whit
little window.

In this window I can see stick-label: &ldquo;DELCO BFWR 3456&rdquo;.
When I&rsquo;ve removed EPROM from plastic case I&rsquo;ve see some
extra digits: 014 89388 B9650AF.

I wish to know what EPROM I have? Did you Know it&rsquo;s pinouts?

Did you know what device is needed for read and write this EPROM.

I think this is GM 161 62 409 ECU, but I open it and have seen on the

board: 163C749

and I think now is it 16162409 or 1227749 unit. May be it is same units?

There are follow devises on the main board:

white/black plastic case 8pin

161 755 99

----------

Black inch x inch chip 52 pins (13x4)

185

16202476

E87J

KQQVK9717G

---------

Black inch x inch chip 52 pins (13x4)

185

16163762

D82R

KQQZZ9719C

---------

Black 2 x 2 cm chip 52 pins (13x4)

5263 A 851

37414

466

--------

Black 2 x 2 cm chip 52 pins (13x4)

70725303

63565

466

--------

Black chip 28 pins (7x4)

A7180751

12317

DELCO 466

KOREA

---------

Quarzes:

2 units D2277

9646

---------

4 3-pin drivers on cooling bar:

2248

R720D

25 46

What load-ability these device have? (I think it&rsquo;s
injector&rsquo;s drivers)

----------

5-pin driver on cooling bar:

QKJ 707

16180566

(I think it is relays driver)

----------

3 15-pin chips on cooling bar:

45980 169J

9703B

----------

9-pin chip on cooling bar:

72021H94

34993

466

(I think it is IAC driver)

----------

15-pin chip on cooling bar:

34992

SINGAPORE

466 717K5DK87

---------

I need information what this devises do?

Which of above devices is processor and what model?

Have you that EPROM&rsquo;s content and interpretations?

Did you know what another vehicles are using this ECU?

The MAF is 3-pin frequency device 98135 1262 2 and bar-code is

83280267153.

I need data for out-freq from air mass are flowing thorough it. (no air
flow it is 500 Hz.)

---------

Refer modification that I&rsquo;m gonna do:

I need descries idle to 700 rpm (now is 850).

Make spark impulses every 90 degrees per one crank turn on one channel
(second channel will be disable).

Max. Rpm 5200 (now is 6500)

I need this modification in first of all to set this ECU instead
carburetor

on V8 5Litres engine.

Feather may be I have to make some maps corrections when turbo will be

bolted on.

Best Regards

Sergey Stopov.