Update on 93 Z28 disassembly

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Mon Dec 14 18:41:30 GMT 1998

I have had some help from several people, thanks everyone.   I am
going to be updating my web page later tonight (probably late), but
here is what I have found so far.   I am mostly (with some help)
decoded the ALDL commands.  My car seems to accept (first bytes) of
0xF4, 0x42, 0x40, 0x01, 0x02.   WIth the 0x04 it has several modes
0x00, 0x01 (basic data out), 0x02, 0x03, 0x04, 0x0a (clear codes).  I
have notes on what is in the 0x01 and 0x0a mode, the others are a
mystery right now.   I have found the data stream for the 0xF4 0x01
data mode, and I have documentation on what data is contained in that
mode.   The data it has lines up what what I already determined (at
the few points I had already determined).  The error for bad prom (two
different bits) are both setting the bit that should be set in the
data stream for a bad prom.   Everything that should be accessing a
A/D port, is, so I know what most of the A/D registers are connected
to.   I should be able to find out what alot of the code is doing
since with this info I know what most (or at least 1 or 2 ) of the
inputs to any formula should b.

Here is a question:  I have identified that two of the modes output
data streams similar to the 0x01 mode (different data, and fewer
bytes), diacom does not read these data streams at all.  One of the
data streams has 15 bytes, and the other I believe has 3 bytes.  I
know from the service manual that there should be info on the ABS
subsystem and maybe other subsystems available.   Does anyone know
if all the extra data streams go the same ALDL connector?

I will post a more detailed message on what I found out is coming out
the ALDL connector, but any ideas on what any of the other stuff is
would be appreciated.

My web page is at: http://www.hit.net/~rah but I probably will not
have it updated fully until tomorrow.

And also, Zeno Graphics Superprint (about $80 or so) can be used to
print directly to gif files, the version I have will print to a gif
file that is equivalent to a 32x32 inch page, at 75-100-150 dpi, and
woould seem to be adequate for most schematic/flowchard or other
output from a program without export formats.  Zeno graphics is at
http://www.zeno.com , and they will also rasterize to jpg, bmp and a
couple of other formats.

				Roger