Update on 93 Z28 disassembly

steve ravet Steve.Ravet at arm.com
Mon Dec 14 19:48:33 GMT 1998

> Here is a question:  I have identified that two of the modes output
> data streams similar to the 0x01 mode (different data, and fewer
> bytes), diacom does not read these data streams at all.  One of the
> data streams has 15 bytes, and the other I believe has 3 bytes.  I
> know from the service manual that there should be info on the ABS
> subsystem and maybe other subsystems available.   Does anyone know
> if all the extra data streams go the same ALDL connector?

Excellent work, Roger.  Are you just watching what happens between
Diacom and the ECM do determine all this?

Communication from other computers (ABS etc) does come to the same ALDL
connector, but to different pins in it.  At least for a '91 Caprice
16156965, which is the service manual I've looked at.

--steve