water injection

FHPREMACH at aol.com FHPREMACH at aol.com
Fri Dec 18 13:36:35 GMT 1998

In a message dated 12/17/98 11:13:24 PM Pacific Standard Time,
edwards at mail.sunbeach.net writes:

<< Running a water injection system is a waste of time I must say. The only
 thing it does is cool the combustion chamber and thus prevent detonation.
 With proper intercooling, the right advance and sensable boost, (use
 calculations), there is no need for water injection. Water injection is
 about 20 steps back, do you know of any F1 cars that use water injection>

I would partly agree, but none of us seem to have our fuel blended for the day
we are driving, like an F1 car, Ferrari did use it heavily, everyone has tried
it, and it has benefits like reducing the amount of carbon and other solids
from forming into compression ratio stuffer blocks. If you have done much work
on long term tests with some of the available unleaded fuels you will find it
is a modestly good approach.