Flow rates for nozzles

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Fri Dec 18 14:52:35 GMT 1998

>Yeap, that's simple alright.
>
>I wanted to avoid squirting anything on the compressor wheel directly.  Indy
>cars of old did this at the expense of turbines.  Sounds like it worked fine
>for you though.
>

>Regards,
>
>Barry

I am thinking more in terms of spraying water on the cooling air side of
the intercooler--or maybe onto some cel-dek or burlap type material located
in front of the IC, so as to suck the temp of the cooling air going through
the IC down somewhere near to the ambient WET BULB temp under high load
conditions (sorta like the old desert coolers)--and thus get cooler, denser
charge air indirectly instead of diluting it with H2O vapor. Wet bulb temps
above 74 degrees F are pretty rare, even in Miami.

Regards, Greg