Water Injection

Jim Davies jimd at vcc.bc.ca
Fri Dec 18 14:56:15 GMT 1998

On Thu, 17 Dec 1998, andy quaas wrote:

> What about some type of substitute for water?  Howz about alcohol?
> I'm not a chemist, so i don't know much about this stuff.  You can run
> much more compression with alcohol, no?  Just a thought.  What is the
> percentage of fuel:water ?

Probably the oldest, but still the best AFAIK, description of water
injection is in Ricardos "High Speed Engines" I dont recall if it is in
all editions, but it is in most. Well worth reading if you are interested
in this subject. Oddly enough, alcohols main benefit is as an antifreeze
rather than a power enhancer.