water injection

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Fri Dec 18 14:59:04 GMT 1998

>Running a water injection system is a waste of time I must say. The only
>thing it does is cool the combustion chamber and thus prevent detonation.
>With proper intercooling, the right advance and sensable boost, (use
>calculations), there is no need for water injection. Water injection is
>about 20 steps back, do you know of any F1 cars that use water injection?

Wrong. H2O injection has just never been developed to its full potential.
And the FI guys are neither divine nor infallible!! Plus, I have no idea
what their rules say about using it. And it is truly scary to ponder how
much better several of the people just on this list could do with that kind
of money available to spend!!

Regards, Greg