Unusual computer request

DAVE_HEMPSTEAD at HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com DAVE_HEMPSTEAD at HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Fri Dec 18 18:02:50 GMT 1998

Hi everyone,
   I have an odd request.  Does anyone out there have a 'spare' PCM from a 94 or
95 GM car (preferably from a V8)?  I'd like to 'borrow' it.  I'd like to
unsolder the eeprom, dump its contents, and maybe (if I'm really motivated)
trace out the circuit board.  My primary goal is to get the software out of it
(in preparation of my modifying the software in my own PCM).
   Anyway, if anyone has a spare that they could part with, I'd be glad to
return it once I'm done, but I doubt that it would still be in working order.

Just a request,
Dave Hempstead