water injection

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Dec 19 01:22:08 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Hermann <bearbvd at sni.net>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Friday, December 18, 1998 6:43 PM
Subject: Re: water injection

>>In a message dated 12/18/98 2:05:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>>jamesm at talarian.com writes:
>>
>>> intercoolers, too.  When you're running 5 bar (72.5psi!) of
>>>  boost (as they did in the heyday of the turbo era), anything
>>>  you can do to prevent detonation is a Good Thing.  Getting
>>>  1500hp out of 1500cc is not an easy thing.
>>
>>FA..   FA   FA..  F-I-V-E   BAR???  Oh those lucky devils....
>>mike v
>
>If you think that's a lot, talk to some of the big boy tractor pullers!!
>150 POUNDS PER SQUARE INCH manifold pressure (gauge) is not unheard of!!!
>And they still get to do it!!

One guy I know is claiming on a cool night he can hit 200.
And he's running water injection..
Yes, I'm also curious about how accurate his guage is but even a
10% error high still means lots of boost.
His beleif is the more turbos the better.   At times I wonder where
the line from turbine to ICE is.
Bruce