water injection

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Sat Dec 19 13:57:42 GMT 1998

>I just took apart an engine with 60K miles on it that had zilch for coking -
>everything was squeaky clean if you ignored the bits of piston and ring
>stuck in the head and valves =)  This is a t/c V6 which was making in excess
>of 550 HP.  The cross hatch was still on the cylinder walls.
>
>I attribute this to regular oil and filter changes with synthetic oil, in
>this case Mobil 1.  The turbo feed and return lines literally looked brand
>new inside.  No signs of coking whatsoever.
>
>I don't buy the coking deal either.  Eventually it will bring an engine down
>power-wise.  Ring seating is more likely the reason for increased output.
>

>Regards,
>
>Barry

And if you are "wacky" like me, and have Bore-Tek harden the bore surfaces
(after they are bored, honed, and POLISHED on a CK-10 with torque plates in
place), and then hand lap CHROME faced rings to pre-seat them, the ring
seating situation goes away. (And stays away for a very long time!)

Regards, Greg