WRC, was Flow rates for nozzles

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Sat Dec 19 14:02:41 GMT 1998

>James Montebello wrote:
>
>> I'm stunned by the general lack of knowledge on this list about
>> motorsports outside the US. :-) (Ozzies excluded, of course ;-).
>>
>> WRC is "World Rally Championship", a series that's run just
>> about everywhere except the US.  Races are run over several
>> days in a series of point-to-point timed runs over dirt and
>> gravel roads; sometimes muddy, sometimes snow-covered.  The
>> cars are typically Japanese and European "specials" built by
>> the factory on production FWD & 4WD hatchback chassis.  Once
>> upon a time (a few years ago), in the days of Group B, there
>> were 4WD cars with engines in strange places (lots of
>> mid-engined cars that looked like plain FWD hatchbacks) running turbos,
>> superchargers, or both (Lancia Delta).  500hp was a
>> typical power figure.  Now the top cars probably run about half
>> that. Top speeds are low, so the engines are tuned for gobs of
>> torque.  The drivers in this series (mostly Finns, for some
>> reason) are the best in the world for sheer car control, and
>> every last one of them is utterly barking mad.

>> > come with I/C

If you are going to do this water spray on the IC thing, there are coatings
available from the HVAC industry which can be applied to the cooling air
side of the aluminium to keep it from going away. Said coatings are not too
bad for the heat transfer, either. Don't remember names or sources right
now. These coatings are used on HVAC coils in salty air environments, and
they work very well.

Regards, Greg