Does anybody know

Clarence Wood clarencewood at centuryinter.net
Sun Dec 20 22:50:57 GMT 1998

Hi,
  does anybody know:
  1.the Injector Size (Lbs/hr) of the stock 1982 Nissan 280ZX Turbo??
    (I am trying to run Bowling's Fuel Injector Sizing program and I can not
     seem to find the stock injector size for my engine.  My shop manual
     only gives 2.5 ohms coil resistance)

  2.how much boost the stock injector can handle??

  3.how much fuel pressure the fuel pump on the turbo produces??
  (I have the shop manual and it states a cut off pressure of 43 to 64 psi.       I have removed a fuel pump from a junk NA and it had a cut off pressure of 43 psi.  I am wondering if the turbo pump has a 64 psi cut off.  The shop manual I have does not differentiate between NA and turbo.  My turbo pump cuts off at 43 psi and looks as if it is not the original pump.  Since I am trying to find out why my engine stumbles at 7+ psi boost I am looking into fuel starvation.  Perhaps the wrong pump has been installed.)

  4.how to compute volumeric efficiency per psi of boost?
    (I would like to know how many psi of boost my stock injectors can handle but need to know how VE relates to psi boost)

IZCC #3426
 1982 280ZX Turbo GL
 1966 El Camino
 1982 Yamaha Maxim XJ-1101J Motorcycle