VSS

Stuart Bunning stuart at kenelec.com.au
Mon Dec 21 05:39:01 GMT 1998

Has anyone ever ran a 808/165 or similar without  the VSS connectored.

What happens will it shoot flames out the pipes on decal does it go into
limp home mode ???

I will soon be doing some test drives on a car of mine with delco 808 fitted
and as it is non GM
car and it has a mechanical speedo output from  the Auto chrysler
torqueflight 904 so I have no means to feed the ECU a VSS signal (easily). I
don't give a toss about TCC as i don't have one. what else should i care
about. I'm worried about decal enleanment...

If i back off after i nail it really hard it may backfire and blow off the
throttle body due to fuel being fed in when injectors are normally
completely shut off. backfiring through the exhaust is fun i mean ok! I had
a mate blow his carbie completely off the motor when nitros was applied at
idle i know this is not the same but the point i am trying to make is about
giving the motor fuel when it doesn't need it or want it.

any thoughts

Best Regards,

STUART BUNNING
SALES ENGINEER