VATS Bypass

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Dec 22 21:07:27 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew F. Gunnesch <afgun at mongoose.dearborn.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: VATS Bypass

>OK, can you help me disable the EGR code in my '165 ECM then?
>Where do I start?

Cheap place to start is with reading Programming 101+808,
to do the EGR disable is burning chips, so hardware/software
+money is involved.
  The hardware/software is a prom burning/editing package,
prom eraser, spare prom (memcal), plus a few bits pieces..
  Then the easiest way I know if finding out what temp it enables,
and find that in the code, and just raise it to like 255d.
  That last sentence is many hours of work.  Maybe someone here
has that address, and would like to share it, but, then you need to know the
BBC that it's good for since there are like 12 different
v-8 programs for a v-8 165.
  I also, seriously think about using the latest prom for that application,
if f/y body then use a 89 and disable the 9th injector.  Or go with
whatever someone is willing to share with you.  If you are serious,
I might have a few notes on the AUJM BBC floating around.
Bruce