GM HEI

Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com
Tue Dec 22 21:37:16 GMT 1998

Take the 292 HEI remove the vacuum  advance canister, remove the centrifugal
weights and springs ,
Positively lock the advance  to MAX advance (weld or bolt) this could be
anywhere from 10 to 20 crank degrees.
Remove the 4 wire module and install a 7 wire module and harness from the v8
distributor, the 4 wire connector
Should fit where the vac can was, seal the gap with RTV or rubber.  To set
the initial timing disconnect the 'c'
Terminal   (bypass line)  of the 7 term module an inline connector in the
harness would do.  Set the timing
With a timing light to stock specs, if it pings you can knock it back to '0
deg'  The dwell in the V8 module
(990) should be fine for a six.
                                                                       Good
luck