Cabling

Ken Kelly kenkelly at lucent.com
Sun Dec 27 13:07:36 GMT 1998

Bruce,
	The cable is really a TTL to RS-232 level converter. I don't know of any with
the ALDL connector for use in our application. However they are common in some
other applications. In the cellular phone industry they are used to configure
and reprogram the phones. They have the MAX chip built into a molded DB-9 or
DB-25 connector that plugs into the RS-232 port. They have a custom connector on
the other end. You would have to cut it off and put a new connector on it. Now
the bad news. Qualcom, Sony, and the other phone manufacturers charge over $100
for the cables.

		Ken

PS Easy on the Bell-Labs reference -- We haven't used NIXIE tubes for months.