spiralmax

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Sun Dec 27 17:48:55 GMT 1998

-> On a related note, has anyone done any dyno work related to HP vs
-> degrees of injector pulse and pulse timing?

 Rochester and Bosch, both major OEMs, claim there is no difference in
HP or driveability between timed and continuous injection.

 One chip vendor specializing in the Ford EEC claims he can get 50hp
from an injector timing change on a 4.6 Cobra with his magic chip.

 I suspect the OEM commitment to timed injection has more to due with
low RPM idle stability and emissions purposes than anything else.  It
might be possible to tweak a few HP at low RPM, but past a few thousand
RPM the injector pulsewidth is wide enough they might as well be
continuous flow.

==dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us======================================
I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?