ECM Wiring Diagram

Cbm8296 at aol.com Cbm8296 at aol.com
Tue Dec 29 03:16:04 GMT 1998

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 1228321 ECM they could share with
me?  This ECM is used on TBI 4-Cyl Cavaliers, Berettas, Corsicas, and
Skyhawks.
Specifically, I'm looking to find out which wire on the two large harnesses
coming into the ECM has the tach input.  I have installed a remote car starter
in my vehicle and set it to "tachless" operation.  I would like to set it up
to work with the tach pulse for more reliable starting.  To do this, I have
been told by two sources I have to pick up the pulse from the white wire at
the coil, poking a hole in the firewall in running a wire out to the coil.
Since the tach input is already run into the ECM, it seems kind of a cob job
to run a wire out there when it already comes into the car.  I'd like to just
pick off the signal from the ECM harness inside the car, if anyone can
identify the wire for me.

Thanks for your help.