[Fwd: [Fwd: Spiral Max]]

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 29 15:33:51 GMT 1998

At 02:34 AM 12/29/98 -0800, you wrote:

>>  	I'm interested in what happened to the Neon with the Nology wires myself.
>>  	As for what Magnacor says about other wires; what else would you expect??
>>  I have dyno runs that show that Nology wires can make hp.

Take that same vehicle and put *ANY* set of new wires on it and the new plugs.
Dyno it then put the Nology's on (without modifying timing etc... make it a
fair test).
They are JUNK!

>  I agree...we ran a set on our SSC Miata with the silverstone BERU plugs and
>gained 3mph at the dip at Road Atlanta.  I'd say that's proof! :-)  I think
>that most of the problem does come from installation, and also, people not
>using a better plug that will take advantage of the extra voltage. Not to
>mention increasing gap and advancing timing to take advantage of the extra
>spark power.

Set the plug gap and timing up with any new set of wires... that is where
the power gains come from.
Do you honestly believe that the Nology wires "amplify" the voltage of the
coil?
Ever looked at the laws of physics?
Voltage coming out of the nology wires will be the same or slightly lower
than a standard set of wires.
The braid makes a capacitive effect, storing the available voltage less any
leakage (Plug wire jackets are not a good capacitive dielectric!)
at the plug end, the voltage is going to have the same effect that a
regular set of wires has... the plug gap breaks down when the voltage
reaches the ionization potential of the gap.  You cannot force the gap to
not break down until a higher voltage is there, nor can you force a higher
potential across the gap.  It will break down and arc like it's supposed to.
The capacitive effect will shorten the duration of the spark and make the
instantaneous current higher, but unless the ignition system is already
marginal and having problem igniting the mixture due to a cooler, weak
spark, that will have no difference either.
In fact, being of a shorter duration can actually give the ignition more of
a chance to misfire.  A longer duration spark is in the mixture for a
longer period of time, allowing more of the mixture to swirl through the
gap and become ignited...
Nology is a snake oil scam!

           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
       I am Pentium of Borg...division is futile...you will be approximated.