[Fwd: [Fwd: Spiral Max]]

FHPREMACH at aol.com FHPREMACH at aol.com
Tue Dec 29 16:24:17 GMT 1998

In a message dated 12/29/98 5:00:27 AM Pacific Standard Time,
darkmonahue at awwwsome.com writes:

<< In a message dated 12/28/98 6:13:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
 toyracer at kasnet.com writes:

 >  	I'm interested in what happened to the Neon with the Nology wires myself.
 >  	As for what Magnacor says about other wires; what else would you expect??
 >  I have dyno runs that show that Nology wires can make hp.
 >  Regards,
 >  Stephen Gunter. icq 285675
 >  http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/7177
 >  home of the toyota-mods web ring

   I agree...we ran a set on our SSC Miata with the silverstone BERU plugs and
 gained 3mph at the dip at Road Atlanta.  I'd say that's proof! :-)  I think
 that most of the problem does come from installation, and also, people not
 using a better plug that will take advantage of the extra voltage. Not to
 mention increasing gap and advancing timing to take advantage of the extra
 spark power.

 Again, same here; just my experience with these wires!!
 Later,
 Dave Negrelli
 http://hey.to/itdtoy

Wait a second here. The wires increase the spark, so we advance the timing to
take advantage of faster flame propagation?  Read that again and run the
logic. Or are we just talking about advancing it from the stock position?
Unless you have some problem with the fuel mixture igniting, then  you don't
need a massive spark. Run platinum tipped plugs with the right heat range, and
set your advance properly, and you won't have any problems.
Is anyone in Top Fuel running these, if they are, then I might think about it.
And what happens if you run them with an MSD box? Another good product, but
basically a backup spark for when your mixture doesn't fire on the first.
Maybe a superconducting coil and wire set? Then are least we could bleed the
liquid nitrogen into the intercooler on the turbo.